Job Offer: Art Director
About Chase Creative
Chase Creative is a social storytelling agency, originated from our digital community Chase Music. In our agency, we offer brand storytelling, podcasting, and social media management for cutting-edge brands. The profits we make in the process are reinvested into the broader Chase community. Through Chase Music and Chase Academy, we support digital storytellers to kickstart positive cultural and social change through our education programs (postgraduate courses) and through publishing content on our media platform Chase.be.
Since the launch of Chase Creative three years ago, we’ve developed sustainable working relationships with both B2C and B2B brands. Our clients include National Geographic, Tomorrowland, FOX TV, Bozar, Canvas, Doctors Without Borders, Red Bull, Fairtrade, XITE, Mediahuis, KPMG, Mediafin, Warner Music, Cinéart, SEAT, Zalando, Sonos and many more interesting organizations and brands.
Our agency is transitioning to a thriving business with an ever-growing number of clients, so now is the right time to add an experienced and hands-on art director to our creative team.
Your primary focus will be developing creative concepts and digital stories for our clients. You’ll be working closely with our digital strategists, account managers, and content creators. After creating the concepts, scripts, designs, and templates, you will also supervise the creative vision and quality of the content, so it matches the goals and expectations of our clients.
You must be native to the social media, digital and creative landscape. You spend a lot of time on social media, getting inspired by innovative concepts, storytelling and (motion) designs that stand out. You love to experiment with new online content formats. You are devoted to learning all the latest creative ways to reach audiences with good storytelling and (motion) design and know how to use them to achieve a marketing goal. You understand the basics of a marketing funnel, and you are eager to experiment with different promotion stages and adapt to the constant changes and challenges of social media communication.
We’d love to learn from you. If you’re looking for something more than a typical commercial work environment, and you’re ready to take responsibility and have freedom in how to manage your work, we might be the perfect match.
- Developing creative concepts and digital stories for our clients, starting with their goals
- Working together with our digital strategists, account managers, and creators (and work directly with our clients when required)
- Creating designs, visuals, basic motion designs and videos and templates for the digital and social media content (from daily photo posts, recurring formats, creative copywriting, social ad campaigns, sliders and carousels, IG/FB stories, gifs and memes, to writing basic video scripts for our clients)
- Coaching and briefing the creative team (both internal and external) to successfully and timely deliver the content
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as an art director or creative director
- You have a graphic design degree or similar work experience in an agency environment or a relevant digital company, and at least some basic motion design skills. Extra experience in video (post) production is a definite plus
- You’re fluent in Dutch, French and/or English
- You’re fluent with Adobe CC tools such as Photoshop and Première. And you know your way around After Effects, Illustrator, XD, Lightroom, Rush, Spark,…You know where to find great assets, templates and grids for all types of content
- You entertain a strong knowledge or experience in social storytelling, marketing and advertising, with a particular emphasis on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn,…) and a keen interest in the possibilities of each platform.
- You feel challenged by a small but expanding agency, where you can learn fast and nurture your creativity, and where your input has a strong impact on the daily operations
- You are a people’s person and a community-minded individual with highly developed social skills
- You know how to use new tools and you posses technical possibilities to obtain our strategic goals
- You are organized, with strong attention for detail and management skills
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You possess the ability to work on your own and/or in small, complementary team
- You are open to give and receive feedback and continuously work on developing your skills.
Nice to have’s
- You are passionate about our main Chase topics: urban music, social society, culture, travel, art, lifestyle
- You have snazzy Spotify lists ready to fuel our Sonos speakers
- You can work together with us in a hip office in downtown Ghent (hopefully in the post-COVID time)
- Your brain is drawn to anything digital, and you have an ‘always-on’ attitude
Our office is located in Holstraat 21, Gent, Belgium. It’s a modern and bright place in the heart of Ghent, just 5 minutes away from the main bus and tram stations. Sometimes you will have to visit (potential) clients in different locations all over the country. All of this depends on the evolution of the current COVID-19 situation.
The Chase team is working from home right now, with occasional small meetings in our office in Ghent.
What we offer
We want to engage you for 4 to 5 days a week. Depending on your experience, skills and current activities, we’ll hire you as an employee, with a competitive salary based on the sector and your experience. Or we will work out a long-term independent contract.
Whenever we’re back to normal after COVID-19, you’ll be part of our exciting and creative work environment consisting of over ten very friendly Chase colleagues, with several freelancers and interns coming in every couple of days. We don’t live to work, but we love working together. Being part of the Chase community means that every couple of months, we have internal training moments for the team members on all kinds of topics. That’s when we invite both local and international speakers to come by and inspire or train us.
Every few weeks, you’ll get the chance to attend several Chase community events or activities, going from concerts, festivals, events, movie nights, office drinks, etc. For our staff members, we also organise informal get-togethers regularly.
Want to apply?
Send your motivation letter and CV (in 1 single pdf, no .docx please) with links to online references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Art director + your first and last name”.
Deadline for application: Sunday the 6th of December 2020, 23h59.
What comes next?
We’ll confirm receiving your application within five working days. All candidates will receive news if they are selected for the next step or not by the 11th of December.
Talks for the next selection round will start in the week of the 14th of December. We’d love to start working together as soon as possible!