Job Offer: ‘Business Developer’
About Chase Creative
Chase Creative is a social story agency, originated from our digital community Chase.be. In our agency, we offer brand storytelling, podcasting, and social media management for cutting-edge brands. The profits we make in the process are reinvested into the larger Chase community: at both Chase and Chase Academy, we support digital storytellers to kickstart positive cultural and social change through our education programs (postgraduate courses) and through publishing content on our mediaplatform Chase.be.
Almost 3 years after starting Chase Creative, we’re proud to have had sustainable working relationships with brands such as National Geographic, Tomorrowland, Bozar, Doctors Without Borders, Red Bull, XITE, Mediahuis, KPMG, Warner Music, Cinéart, SEAT, Zalando, Sonos, Yugen Kombucha, Bomboclat Festival and many more interesting organizations and brands.
We’re looking for an experienced and ambitious Business Developer to get our sales results to the next level. We’d love to learn from you. If you’re looking for more than just a commercial work environment and if you want to take responsibility and have freedom in how you’re going to complete your job, we might be the perfect fit.
You must be native to the social media, digital and urban cultural landscape. You spend a lot of your time on social media, listen to podcasts and love to experiment with new forms of online content. You have an intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technology/platforms and how to use these to reach a marketing goal. You have a keen interest to experiment with and adapt to the constantly changing challenges of communicating through social media.
- Attract new customers and convince them to buy our products and services
- Identifying leads, together with the rest of the team and pushing those leads through the sales funnel
- Creative development of existing products and services together with management and account team
- Preparing and negotiating quotes
- Closing deals
- Coaching and briefing account managers and the creative team to successfully start up and service new customers
- … have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in sales and business development
- … have work experience in an agency environment or a relevant digital company
- … are fluent in Dutch, French and/or English
- … entertain a strong knowledge or experience in social storytelling, marketing and advertising, with a particular emphasis on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn,…) and a keen interest in the possibilities of each platform
- … feel challenged by a small but steadily growing agency, where you can move both fast and creatively, and your input has a real impact on the daily operations
- … are a real people and community-minded person with highly developed social skills
- … know how to use fresh tools and technical possibilities in order to obtain our strategic goals
- … are organised, with strong attention for detail and management skill
- … have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- … possess the ability to work on your own and/or in small, complementary teams
- … should be keen to give and receive feedback and constantly develop your skills
- … like working in a company with people from different cultural backgrounds
Nice to have’s
- You are passionate for our main Chase topics: urban music, social society, culture, travel, art, lifestyle
- You can work together with us in downtown Ghent without crossing half of Belgium
- You have some Spotify lists ready to fuel our Sonos speakers
- Your brain is almost directly linked to the internet and you have an ‘always on’ attitude
Our office is located in Holstraat 21, Gent, Belgium. It’s a nice and bright place in the heart of Ghent, just 5 minutes away from the main bus and tram stations. However, you will often be required to visit (potential) clients in different locations all over the country. This will depend of course on the evolution of the current Covid-19 situation. The Chase team is working from home right now, with occasional small-team meetings in our office in Ghent.
Depending on your experience, skills and current activities, we will work out a long-term independent contract, or you’ll be hired to work as an employee, with a competitive salary based on the sector and your experience. We’re open for possible compensation plans based on the results. You’ll be part of our exciting and creative work environment consisting of 15 very friendly Chase colleagues, with several freelancers and interns coming in every couple of days. Being part of the Chase community means that every couple of months, we have internal training moments for the team members on all kinds of topics. That’s when we invite both local and international speakers to come by and inspire or train us.
Every few weeks (outside lockdown-times), you get the chance to attend several Chase community events or activities, going from concerts, festivals, events, movie nights, office drinks, … For our staff members, we also organise informal get-togethers regularly.
How to apply
Hit us (Sven & Jan) up on LinkedIn if you’d like more information. You can also send your motivation letter and CV (in 1 single pdf, no .docx please) with links to online references straight to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, with the subject ‘Business Developer + Your Name’.
We’re aiming to have our new colleague to start as soon as possible. Depending on your current job and possible period of notice, we can see what works out best. More info? Check out our socials and websites chasecreative.be and chase.be. Good luck!